VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane or TCA-CP is a component of VMware Telco Cloud Automation that provides the infrastructure to place workloads across clouds.
Deploy the VMware Telco Cloud Automation OVA. After deploying, allow up to five minutes for the services to initialize.
- Browse to the appliance management interface and log in using the admin user credentials.
Browse to https://tca-cp-or-fqdn:9443.After you log in, the installation welcome screen appears.
- Click Continue.
The Select the role for this Telco Cloud Automation Appliance screen appears.
- Select Telco Cloud Automation - Control Plane Appliance and click Continue.
- In the Activate your Telco Cloud Automation instance screen:
Note: If there is a proxy server in the environment for outbound HTTPS connections, you can configure it from the Administration tab. If you enter a proxy server, add the local vCenter Server, ESXi, NSX, SSO, and TCA-CP systems as exceptions not to be sent to the proxy server.
- To activate the instance of the VMware Telco Cloud Automation, enter the license key and click Activate.
- To activate the VMware Telco Cloud Automation instance at a later stage, click Activate later. When you click Activate Later, the system navigates to the Configuration tab for configuring the datacenter location.
- To restore an earlier version of VMware Telco Cloud Automation, click Restore. The system navigates to the Backup & Restore tab for backup and restore operations.
What to do next
Configure TCA-CP. See Configure VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane.