Using the backup files, you can restore VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager or VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane (TCA-CP) to the state of the provided backup. To perform this operation, deploy the OVA of the appliance in the vSphere Client and log in to the Appliance Management console.
After deploying the OVA and logging in to the Appliance Management console, the role selection screen is displayed. In this example, we list the steps to restore the VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager appliance.
- You must have saved a backup file of the VMware Telco Cloud Automation in the tar.gz format.
- Before restoring an appliance, ensure that the virtual machine running its previous instance is powered down.
- In the role selection screen, select Telco Cloud Automation - Manager.
- In the Activate your Telco Cloud Automation instance screen, click Restore.
The Backup and Restore screen is displayed.
- Select and upload the VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager backup tar.gz file. Click Choose File.
- Click Continue.
The backup file is uploaded to the Appliance Manager.
- Click Restore.
The restore operation restores the database, configuration files, certificates, and network settings of the appliance to the settings in the tar.gz file.