A minimum number of hosts are required for each site to start the automated deployment for each site.
You can add a host to any site or site cluster. A minimum number of hosts are required for each site type to function. You can define the minimum number of hosts for each site when adding the site.
- A site type for which you want to add a host is already added in Domains.
- When adding a host to the cell site group, ensure that you have atleast either the parent site or the cell site group provisioned. You cannot add a host to an unprovisioned cell site group that has an unprovisioned parent site.
Parent Site Status Cell Site Group Status Host Addition Provisioned Provisioned Allowed Not Provisioned Provisioned Allowed Not Provisioned Not Provisioned Not Allowed
- Click the Domains tab under Infrastructure Automation.
- Select the data center for which you want to add a host.
- Select the site for which you want to add a host.
- Click Edit to modify the site details.
- On the Host tab, click Add Host.
- Configure the network for the host.
Fields Description Host Address (IP/FQDN) IP address or the associated FQDN of the host.Note: For a pre-deployed domain, ensure that you use the same values as you have used in VMware vCenter. For example, if you have used IP in vCenter, then you must provide IP address. User Name User name to access the host. Password Password corresponding to the user name to access the host.
vSAN Cache Device
Name of the vSAN device used as cache.You can add the IPMI information for the sites that have host profiles configured with BIOS and firmware details.
- IPMI Username - User name to access the intelligent platform management interface (IPMI).
- IPMI Password - Password to access the intelligent platform management interface (IPMI).
- IPMI Address(IP/FQDN) - Address of the IPMI interface. You can provide IP address or the fully qualified domain name.
- Pre-Deployed - Whether the host is a pre-deployed.
- When adding a host to a pre-deployed cell site group, you must add only the pre-deployed host.
- A pre-deployed host means a host already added to the vCenter and configured as required.
- Use Above credentials for all hosts - If you want to use same user name and password for each host, select the checkbox.
- Use above IPMI credentials for all hosts - If you want to use same user name and password to access IPMI for each host, select the checkbox.
- Click Save.