Using the steps listed in this section, upgrade VMware Telco Cloud Automation from versions 1.9.5, 2.0, 2.0.1 to VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.1.
Before upgrading to VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.1, ensure that the following hardware resources are met:
|Component||Existing Resource||2.1 Resource|
|RAM||12 GB||18 GB|
|HDD||60 GB||200 GB|
Note: You must repeat these upgrade steps for each VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager and VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane Appliances.
- Go to the VMware Customer Connect site at my.vmware.com, and download the VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.1 upgrade bundle.
- Save the upgrade bundle in a jump host that can access the appliance to be upgraded.
- Log in to the Appliance Management interface
- Navigate to Administration > Upgrade.
- Details of the current installed version, upgrade date, and upgrade state are displayed.
- Upload the VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.1 upgrade bundle and click Upgrade.
- After the upgrade is complete, log in to the Appliance Management interface
- Navigate to Administration > Backup & Restore.
- (Optional) If you have not configured already, navigate to FTP Server Settings and configure the FTP/SFTP server.
- Generate a backup of VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.1. Click Generate.
- After the backup is generated, download the generated backup file. If you have configured an FTP or SFTP Server, the bundled is stored in that server.
- Deploy a new VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.1 appliance.
- After the deployment is successful, power off the previous VMware Telco Cloud Automation VM and rename the VM with backup suffix.
Note: You can keep this VM as a backup.
- Power on the newly deployed VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.1 VM and wait for a few minutes till the services start.
- Log in to the newly deployed VMware Telco Cloud Automation Appliance Management UI.
- If you had configured FTP/SFTP server settings previously, navigate to Administration > Backup & Restore>FTP Server Settings and configure the FTP/SFTP server again.
- Navigate to Dashboard, select the appliance role, and click Continue.
- On the Activation page, click Restore.
- From the Backup & Restore page, select the backup bundle from the list, if you have saved the upgrade bundle in the FTP or SFTP server, or manually upload the bundle from the server.
- Perform the Restore operation.
- The upgrade process is complete after the restore operation is successful. Log out of the Appliance Management UI and log back in.
- Ensure that:
- The new VMware Telco Cloud Automation VM name is the same as the previous VMware Telco Cloud Automation VM.
- The new VMware Telco Cloud Automation VM is present under same resource pool as previous VM.