You can add the management domain for a central or regional site.
- Obtain the required licenses and network information required for configuration.
- Regenerate the Self-Signed Certificates on ESXi Hosts. For details, see ESXi Host Certificate.
- Ensure that you configure for vMotion and vSAN network.
- Click Domains under Infrastructure Automation.
- Select the site type.
- To add management domain for central site, click Central Site.
- To add management domain for regional site, click Regional Site.
- Click the Add Management Domain icon.
The Add Management Domain page appears.
- On the Add Management Domain page, provide the required information.
- To enable the provisioning of the site, Click the button corresponding to Enabled. You cannot perform this operation on a disabled site.
- To add an existing management domain, click the button corresponding to Pre-Deployed . When you enable Pre-Deployed, you must provide Default Resources.
- For a pre-deployed domain, VMware Telco Cloud Automation shows only the required configurations. Some of these configuration may not appear for non pre-deployed domains.
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation does not perform any operation on a pre-deployed workload domain. However, you can add compute cluster and cell site group to the domain.
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation can auto-detect the resources if only one resource for resource type is available in the vCenter. If multiple resources for each resource type are available, you must fill the values.
- When you add a pre-deployed domain, always use Appliance Overrides to enter the vCenter IP, FQDN, and password.
- For a pre-deployed domain, when adding the DVS name and management network in Appliance Overrides, ensure that the names match the corresponding DVS name and management network names in the vCenter.
- Datacenter - Enter the name of the data center.
- Cluster - Enter the name of the cluster.
- Datastore - Enter the name of the datastore.
- Enter the details.
Field Description Name The name of the site. Minimum number of hosts Minimum number of hosts required for the site. The number of hosts cannot be less than 4 or more than 64. Select Host Profile Select the host profile from the drop-down list. The selected Host profile gets associated with the each host in the management domain. Location The location of the site. Click the button corresponding to the location. Search Enter the keyword to search a location. Latitude Latitude of the compute cluster location. The details are automatically added when you select the location. You can also modify the latitude manually. Longitude Longitude of the compute cluster location. The details are automatically added when you select the location. You can also modify the longitude manually. Settings You can modify the service settings and the proxy settings for each site. These configurations override the global configuration available in Global Configuration tab on Configuration page. For more details on service and proxy parameters, see Configure Global Settings.vSphere SSO Domain is available for local settings and not for global settings. To configure the vSphere SSO Domain for a domain, enable the Override and enter the required information in the corresponding Override Value.Note: The default value of
vSphere SSO Domainis
For a pre-deployed site, VMware Telco Cloud Automations shows vSphere SSO Username. Set the value of vSphere SSO Username to user belonging to the administrator group in the underlying VMware vCenter Server. If you do not provide the value, system takes administrator as default value.
Licenses Licenses of various appliances applicable to the site. These appliances include:
- VMware vSphere (ESXi)
- VMware NSX-T Data Center
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation (available only for Central site)
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane
- VMware vCenter Server
- VMware vRealize Log Insight
- VMware vSAN
Services You can enable the networking and storage operations for the specific site. You can also enable or disable the compression and duplication of data throughvSAN Deduplication and Compression option.Note: The duplication and compression works only on the all-flash disk group. When you enable the vSAN Deduplication and Compression option, you cannot create a hybrid storage group.
- You can add new CSI categories or use the existing categories from the VMware VSphere server. You can also create tags corresponding to the CSI categories. To add the CSI Categories information, add the required information.
- To configure the CSI Categories, enable the Override for the CSI Tagging under Settings, and Override Value.
- Once added, you cannot edit or remove the CSI configuration.
Use ExistingWhether to use the existing categories set in the underlying the VMware VSphere server. Click the corresponding button to enable or disable the option.Note: When use the Use Existing, ensure that you provide values for both the region categories and the zone categories as set in the underlying VMware vSphere server.
- When creating Zone category in VMware VSphere, choose Hosts and Clusters under Associable Object Types.
- When creating Region category in VMware VSphere, choose Datacentre under Associable Object Types.
Region The CSI category for the datacenter. Zone The CSI category for the compute clusters or hosts.
CSI Region Tag
The CSI tagging for the datacenter. CSI Zone Tag The CSI tagging for compute clusters or hosts.
- Add the Switch Configuration information. Click plus icon to add more switches and uplinks.
Field Description Switch Name of the switch. Uplinks
Select the network interface card (NIC) for the central site under Uplinks.Note: A central site requires minimum two NICs to communicate. NIC details must match the actual configuration across all ESXi servers.
- Add the Networks information.
- For vMotion and vSAN, the IP pool should equal the total number of ESXi hosts.
- You can click + sign under Networks to create additional VLAN or overlay network to connect with additional applications.
- For Application network type, you can add DHCP IP Pool.
- Add the gateway and prefix length when creating the VLAN application network if you enable the networking service and deploy the edge cluster in NDC, RDC, or Compute Cluster.
- Add the gateway and prefix length when creating the overlay network.
- Ensure that you use same switch for NSX overlay, Host overlay and uplinks for each domain.
Field Description Name The name of the network. Segment Type Segment type of the network. Select the value from the list. Network Type The type of the network. Switch The switch details which the sites use for network access. VLAN The VLAN ID for the network. MTU The MTU length (in bytes) for the network. Prefix Length The prefix length for each packet for the network. Gateway Address The gateway address for the network.
- (Optional) Add the Appliance Overrides information. Ensure that the appliance names match the actual names entered in DNS. If they do not match, you can change the name.
- For NSX-Edge cluster configuration:
- To override the Edge form factor, select the Size from the drop-down menu.
- To override the HA, select the Tier0Mode from the drop-down menu.
- You can configure the Root Password, Admin Password, and Audit Password, and select the Use above credentials for all the password fields to use the same password for all the appliances.
- When overriding the password for following appliances, ensure that you follow the password guidelines
- For Cloudbuilder:
- Minimum password length for admin password is 8 characters and must include at least one uppercase, one lowercase, one digit, and one special character.
- Minimum password length for root password is 8 characters and must include at least one uppercase, one lowercase, one digit, and one special character.
- The admin password length is between 8 to 20 character and must contain atleast one uppercase, one lowercase, one digit, and one special character (@!#$%?^).
- The root password length is between 8 to 20 character and must contain atleast one uppercase, one lowercase, one digit, and one special character (@!#$%?^).
- NSXT password
- Minimum length for root, admin, and audit password is 12 characters and must contain atleast one lower case, one uppercase, one digit, one special character. The password should contain atleast 5 different characters. Password cannot contain three consecutive characters. Dictionary word is not allowed. The password should not contain more than four monotonic character sequence.
- For Cloudbuilder:
Field Description Root Password Password of the root user of the appliance.Note: Minimum length of the password is 13 characters and it must include a special character, a capital letter, a lower-case letter, and a number. Admin Password Password of the administrator of the appliance.Note: Minimum length of the password is 13 characters and it must include a special character, a capital letter, a lower-case letter, and a number. Audit Password Password of the audit user. Applicable only for NSX Manager, and NSX Edge cluster.Note: Minimum length of the password is 13 characters and it must include a special character, a capital letter, a lower-case letter, and a number. Cluster Password Password for creating the cluster. Applicable only for VMware Telco Cloud Automation management cluster and bootstrapper cluster. Override Whether to override the current values. Appliance Type The type of the appliance. Name The name of the appliance. Name Override The new name of the appliance to override the previous name of appliance. IP Index The IP index of the appliance. The value is fourth octet of the IP address. The initial three octets are populated from the network address provided in domain.VMware Telco Cloud Automation uses IP index to calculate the IP address of the appliance. It adds the IP Index to the base address of the management network to obtain the IP address of the appliance.Note: The IP index depends on management subnet prefix length. Ensure that you provide IP index values within the IP range dictated by that subnet prefix length. For example, if you use subnet prefix length of 24, then the subnet has 254 IPs. Hence, the IP index value cannot exceed 254. If you use prefix length of 27 or 28, then the subnet has 30 or 14 IPs, respectively. The IP index values must then not exceed 30 or 14, respectively. Ensure that you check the values before adding the IP index. Enabled Whether the appliance is enabled and available for operations.
- For NSX-Edge cluster configuration: