You can upgrade the existing version of Kubernetes to the latest Kubernetes.
- Create an upgrade plan for the upgrading the cluster instance, considering the impact of cluster downtime.
- Take backup of any manual customization added to the clusters. You must take the backup manually.
Note: You need to note down all the manual customization added to the clusters.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Go to
. The CaaS Infrastructure page is displayed.
- Select the cluster instance for upgrade.
- Click the Options (⋮) symbol against the Kubernetes cluster that you want to upgrade.
- Select Upgrade Cluster.
The Upgrade Cluster window is displayed.
- In the Select Version field, select the Kubernetes version to upgrade from the list.
- In the Virtual Machine Template, click the option to select the VM template applicable for the new version of Kubernetes.
- Click Upgrade.
The upgrade process starts.
- Click > to view the progress of the update.