Using the VMware Telco Cloud Automation user interface, you can transform a Workload cluster that was created using the v1 API schema to the latest v2 API schema.
- You require a role with Infrastructure Lifecycle Management privileges.
- For a successful transformation of node pools, you must perform the sync esx info API call before initiating a transform of imported v1 clusters.
- After the Workload Cluster transformation:
- You cannot obtain the Task history of transformed Workload Cluster.
- VMware Telco Cloud Automation changes the node pool name from
<existing nodepool name>to
<cluster name>-<existing nodepool name >. For example, if a Workload Cluster
w1has a node pool named
np1, then after transformation node pool name becomes
- You cannot use the v1 API on the transformed Workload Cluster. You can use the v2 API to manage all the life-cycle management operations on this Workload Cluster.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
The CaaS Infrastructure dashboard lists the v1 and v2 clusters and their status.
- Click the ⋮ menu against a v1 cluster that you want to transform, and click Transform Cluster.
Note: After you transform a v1 Workload cluster to v2 Workload cluster, you cannot perform any v1 operations on it.
- Click Transform.
VMware Telco Cloud Automation converts the v1 Workload Cluster to v2 Workload cluster. You can now perform v2 life-cycle management operations on it.