When the underlying software of your CNF has a new release, you can update the software images (Docker images) of your CNF instance to the latest version.
- You must be a System Administrator or a Network Function Deployer to perform this task.
- Ensure that the new software version is available in Harbor.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Select Inventory > Network Function and select the CNF to update.
- Click the ⋮ symbol against the CNF and select Update.
- In the Update Revision tab, select the CNF catalog to update to. The Descriptor version updates automatically based on your selection.
- Click Next.
- In the Inventory Detail tab, select the repository for your CNF.
- In the Inputs tab, update the instantiation properties, if any.
- In the Review tab, review the updates.
- Click Update.
The new version of the CNF instance is installed in the workload cluster. The CNF instance points to the new catalog version.