Using VMware Telco Cloud Automation, you can upload a SOL001/SOL004 compliant Virtual Network Function Descriptor (VNFD) and Cloud Service Archive (CSAR) package. The system parses and validates the configuration, and presents the topology in a visual viewer. It then persists the entry into the Network Function Catalog.
- Verify that your VNFD complies with the following standards:
- Must be in the CSAR format.
- Must comply with the SOL001 standard or the SOL004 standard.
- Must comply with TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML version 1.2 or TOSCA Simple Profile for NFV version 1.0.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Select Catalog > Network Function and click Onboard.
The Onboard Network Function page is displayed.
- Select Upload Network Function Package.
- Enter a name for your network function.
- (Optional) To add a tag, select the key and value pairs from the drop down menus. You can add more than one tag.
- Click Browse and select the network function descriptor (CSAR) file.
- Click Upload.
The specified network function is added to the catalog. You can now instantiate the function or use it to create a network service.
What to do next
- To instantiate the network function, see Instantiate a Virtual Network Function.
- To create a network service that includes the network function, see Design a Network Service Descriptor.
- To obtain the CSAR file corresponding to a network function, select the function in the catalog and click Download.
- To add or remove tags for your network function, select the desired network function and click the Edit Tags icon.
- To remove a network function from the catalog, stop and delete all instances using the network function. Delete all the Network Service catalogs that are using the network function. Then select the function in the catalog and click Delete.