The existing Workload Cluster Node Pool could upgrade to the latest kubernetes version supported in the VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.2.
Follow these steps to upgrade Node Pool.
Starting with VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.2, which separated the Control Panel upgrade from the Node Pool upgrade, there are several options for upgrading Node Pool:
Keep Node Pools in current version
Upgrade some specific Node Pools
Upgrade all Node Pools
Node Pools can upgrade in parallel or serial
Node Pool is one version lower than or equal to the Control Panel
Before upgrade the Workload Cluster Node Pool, make sure Workload Cluster Control Plane has upgraded, and the Workload Cluster in Provisioned status.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Go to Infrastructure > CaaS Infrastructure > Cluster Instances.
- Click the Kubernetes cluster name that you want to configure.
- Select the Node Pools tab, click the Options (⋮) symbol against the node pool that you want to upgrade.
- Click Edit, there will show out Node Pool Details dialog.
- Select the new TCA BOM Release which you want upgrade to.
- Select the VM Template from the available template which suite for the TCA BOM Release you selected.
- Then click Apply.
- After the Node Pool dialog is closed, click Next jump to Ready to Deploy, Click Deploy.
- The upgrade process can be monitored below the rows of the Node Pool, the upgrade events will be updated in the Events tab.
- If the upgrade is failure, click the Retry option to continue upgrade the Node Pool. However, configuration modification is not allowed before Retry.
You have successfully upgraded a Node Pool of a Kubernetes cluster instance.