You can manually edit a CSAR file and upload it to VMware Telco Cloud Automation.
Note: The following steps are valid only on macOS and Linux operating systems. On a Windows operating system, use the relevant commands to edit the CSAR file.
- Download the CSAR file that you want to edit. For more information, see Download a Network Function Package.
- Unzip the CSAR file.
- Go to the Definitions folder and open the
- Update the
descriptor_idfield with the new descriptor ID. You can also update the
NFD.yamlwith any other changes, as appropriate.
- Save the
- You can also add any other supporting files to their respective folders or edit the existing files.
For example, you can add a script to the Artifacts > scripts folder.
- Recreate the CSAR file. Run the following command:
zip -r <new_name>.csar TOSCA-Metadata/ Definitions/ Artifacts/ NFD.mf
- Upload the CSAR file VMware Telco Cloud Automation. For more information, see Upload a Network Function Package.