Procedure to add the Active Directory in an existing VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager deployment.
Follow the procedure to add the Active Directory support in an existing VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager.
- Login to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation Appliance Manager.
- To add the authentication configurations, click the Configurations tab.
- To add the Active Directory, click Active Directory.
- Add the following details:
- You can add the Active Directory configuration for both VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager and the VMware Telco Cloud Automation Appliance Manager.
- Switching the authentication provider from the existing vCenter to Active Directory adds Active Directory and deletes vCenter and SSO configurations. It also removes the access to VMware Telco Cloud Automation for the existing users configured in vCenter and permissions set in VMware Telco Cloud Automation.
- URL - URL of the Active Directory server.
- Base Distinguished Name for Users - The base distinguished name for the users of the LDAP directory.
- Base Distinguished Name for Groups - The base distinguished name for the groups of the LDAP directory.
- Admin User Distinguished Name - The base distinguished name for the administrator of the LDAP directory.
- Password - Password of the administrator.
- Admin Group Name - Name of the administrator group of the LDAP directory.
- Click Save to save the changes.
What to do next
Modify the user group for each permission and set to the active directory. For example, for a system admin user, you can change the user group from
cn=admingroup,ou=groups,dc=server,dc=net. For details, see Create Permission.