You can add Velero when creating a workload cluster or by editing a workload cluster configuration.
Only v2 workload clusters are supported.
Workload cluster should have at least one nodepool as otherwise the status of velero pod will be in Pending after add-on installation.
The following procedure describes the steps to install the Velero add-on by editing a workload cluster configuration.
An S3-compatible object storage with sufficient disk space should be ready for velero to store backups and associated artifacts. For example, minio. To know more about installation of minio, refer to Install and Configure an S3-Compatible Object Storage.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Navigate to .
- Select the workload cluster name that you want to edit.
- Click on the Add-Ons tab.
- Select the Options (three dots) icon corresponding to the Velero add-on and click on Edit.
- In the Add-on Configuration window, enter the configuration details. See Add-On Configuration Reference for v2 Workload Clusters.
- Click Ok.