The existing Workload Cluster Could upgrade to the latest versions of kubernetes supported in the VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.2.
Follow these steps to upgrade the Workload Cluster Control Plane.
Refer to the Upgrade v2 Workload Kubernetes Cluster Version, select the supported kubernetes version to upgrade Control Plane first. Add-Ons is upgraded with the upgrade of the Control Plane. After the upgrade is complete, upgrade node pool to see Upgrade Cluster Node Pool.
Before upgrade the Workload Cluster, make sure Management cluster has upgraded to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.2, and the workload cluster in Provisioned status.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Go to Infrastructure > CaaS Infrastructure > Cluster Instances.
- Click the Options (⋮) symbol against the Kubernetes cluster that you want to upgrade.
- Click Edit Cluster Configuration.
- In the Configuration tab Cluster Info step, select the new TCA BOM Release which you want upgrade to, then click Next.
- In the Control Plane Info step, click the configuration icon to the right of the control panel row.
- Select the VM Template from the available template that suite the TCA BOM Release you selected. Then click Apply.
- After the Control Plane dialog close, click Next jump to Ready to Deploy, Click Deploy.
- The upgrade process can be monitored below the rows of the Cluster, the upgrade events will be updated in the Events tab.
- If the upgrade is a failure, click the Retry option to continue upgrade the Control Plane . However, configuration modification is not allowed before Retry.
You have successfully upgraded the Kubernetes Cluster instance and its Control Plane.