After restoring the backup to a new workload cluster, manually remediate each network function deployed from source to the targeted workload cluster.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Navigate to .
- Click on the Options (three dots) corresponding to the network function that you want to remediate and select Remedy.
The Remedy option is available only if Cloud-Native Network Function and Network Function are instantiated.
- Click Continue if you have already restored the cluster via Velero successfully.
- In the Create Network Function Instance window, enter the following details under Inventory Detail:
Name - Enter a different name for the new network function instance.
Description (Optional) - Enter a description for the network function.
Select Cloud - Select a cloud from your network on which you can instantiate the network function.
You can select the node pool only if the network function instantiation requires infrastructure customization.
Tags (Optional) - Select the key and value pairs from the drop-down menus.
- In the Review tab, review your configuration and click on REMEDY.
- (Optional) To track and monitor the progress of the remediation process, select Instantiated is displayed in the State column.
and verify that Note: In the State column, if Instantiated is displayed, it indicates that the remediation process is completed successfully and the network function is recovered and ready for use.