Upgrading vRealize products involves upgrading vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Orchestrator, and vRealize Network Insight.
- Upgrade vRealize Log Insight from 4.8 to 8.1.1 as follows:
- Upgrade vRealize Log Insight.
- Follow the instructions in the KB 79592 article so that vRealize Log Insight appliance defaults to the Photon OS boot option automatically.
You must upgrade agents in the required VMs to capture data appropriately.
- Upgrade vRealize Operations Manager 7.5 to 8.1.1 version as follows:
- Follow the prerequisites to upgrade vRealize Operations Manager.
- Upgrade vRealize Operations Manager. For more information, see vRealize Operations Manager Software Updates.
If the upgrade hangs on step 4 of 9 in the UI, follow the instructions in the KB 76339 article.
- Upgrade vRealize Orchestrator from 7.6 to 8.1.0. For more information, see Migrating External vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.
Starting with vRealize Orchestrator 8.1,
To move a vRealize Orchestrator instance to the latest version, you can only migrate it. You can no longer upgrade the vRealize Orchestrator instances.
Migration is supported only for vRealize Orchestrator 7.x instances that are authenticated with vSphere.
MSSQL database is no longer supported. You must migrate the MSSQL database to the embedded Postgres database.
- Migration of clustered vRealize Orchestrator 7.x deployments to vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 is not supported. You can migrate the primary node of your clustered deployment by stopping the services of the replica nodes before you run the migration script. Stop the services at the vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 replica node.
#service vco-server stop #service vco-configurator stop
- Deploy a single vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.0 node and perform the migration activities. See Migrating a Standalone vRealize Orchestrator 7.x to an External vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.
- Deploy the remaining vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 nodes and join to the primary node to configure clustering.
- Upgrade vRealize Network Insight from 4.2 to 5.3.0 in the following sequence: 4.2 > 5.0 > 5.1.0 > 5.2.0 > 5.2.0-Patch > 5.3.0.