Upgrading vRealize products involves upgrading vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Orchestrator, and vRealize Network Insight.
- Upgrade vRealize Log Insight from 4.8 to 8.1.1. For more information, see Upgrading to vRealize Log Insight 8.1.
You must upgrade agents in the required VMs to capture data appropriately.
- Upgrade vRealize Operations Manager 7.5 to 8.1.1 as follows:
- Follow the prerequisites to upgrade vRealize Operations Manager.
- Upgrade vRealize Operations Manager. For more information, see vRealize Operations Manager Software Updates.
Upgrading the VMware Integrated OpenStack management pack to 6.0 version is not supported. Instead, remove the old version of the management pack and then install the new version.
If the upgrade hangs on step 4 of 9 in the UI, follow the instructions in the KB article 76339.
- Upgrade vRealize Orchestrator from 7.6 to 8.1.0. For more information, see Migrating External vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.
Starting with vRealize Orchestrator 8.1,
To move a vRealize Orchestrator instance to the latest version, you can only migrate it. You can no longer upgrade the vRealize Orchestrator instances.
Migration is supported only for vRealize Orchestrator 7.x instances that are authenticated with vSphere.
MSSQL database is no longer supported. You must migrate the MSSQL database to the embedded Postgres database.
- Migration of clustered vRealize Orchestrator 7.x deployments to vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 is not supported. You can migrate the primary node of your clustered deployment by stopping the services of the replica nodes before you run the migration script. Stop the services at the vRealize Orchestrator 7.6 replica node.
#service vco-server stop #service vco-configurator stop
- Deploy a single vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.0 node and perform the migration activities. See Migrating a Standalone vRealize Orchestrator 7.x to an External vRealize Orchestrator 8.1.
- Deploy the remaining vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 nodes and join to the primary node to configure clustering.
- Upgrade vRealize Network Insight from 4.2 to 5.3.
If you are unable to log in to vRealize Network Insight due to the Chrome browser issue, follow the instructions in the KB 60368 article.