Data plane intensive workloads require accelerated and predictable network performance. To achieve the accelerated data plane performance, configure NUMA and logical cores on the N-VDS Enhanced switch.
ENS drivers are installed.
Uplink policy is ready.
Transport zone with N-VDS in the enhanced data path mode is available.
Host transport node is configured.Note:
For information about configuring these prerequisites, see Configure the N-VDS Enhanced Switch.
- From a browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at
- Select .
- Select Resource Cluster from the Managed by drop-down menu.
- Select the ESXi node and click Configure NSX.
- In the Host Details page, verify the host and IP address details and click Next.
- In the Configure NSX page, expand the NVDS section of Enhanced datapath and specify the NUMA Index and LCore per NUMA values in CPU Config.
- Click Finish to save changes.
What to do next
Verify the logical core settings.
# esxcli network ens lcore list Lcore ID Switch Affinity -------- ------------ -------- 0 DvsPortset-4 0 1 DvsPortset-2 0
For more details, see the VMware blog Accelerated Data Plane Performance Using Enhanced Data Path in NUMA Architecture.