This section explains how to define and compute KPIs in Grafana.
- Any VMware Telco Cloud Operations supported metrics can be selected in a Grafana report panel for the KPI computation.
- Procedure to create and edit reports and select the metrics with single or multiple queries are same as any other report creation in Grafana. Refer Report Configuration for more information.
- Ensure that the appropriate VMware Telco Cloud Operations data source is selected in the report panel.
- Go to https://Telcocloud operation-ui-IP.
A typical URL for logging in to the user interface from the same system on which VMware Telco Cloud Operations is installed is, http://10.x.x.x.
- Enter Username and Password.
- Click Next.
- Click Dashboards & Reports.
You are navigated to Grafana homepage.
- Add filter conditions in the lucene query.
- Select the operation and metrics.
- Select GroupBy properties and tags from the VMware Telco Cloud Operations metric model.
- If the filter conditions are different for the metrics, create another query and repeat steps 4 to 6.
- If required, name the queries with alias, so that it easy to identify the query with alias in the Transformation.
- Go to Transform Tab > Add Transformation, and select Add field from calculation.
- Select binary operation from the drop down.
- Pick the alias name or query operation from the drop down box and apply the math operation.
- Enter the name of the KPI (Transform) in Alias field.
Note: This name is available for the subsequent Transforms and also in Grafana widgets for visualizing the result.
- By default , the metrics selected in the queries and KPIs are available in widgets. In case only the KPI needs to be plotted, add a new Transform Filter by name, and select only the KPI name.