Discover the vMCM (Management Control Module) component and also the vCenter on which it is deployed using ICMP-SNMP.
- SNMP must be enabled on the vMCM (Management Control Module) component of vEPC solution and the device should be reachable from IP and ESM Server.
- vCenter must be reachable from IP and ESM Server.
- vCenter credentials must be provided in the ESM Server.
Once the discovery is complete in IP Server, following Host objects are created in IP Server:
- vMCM (Management Control Module)
- vCSM (Content Services Module)
- VSSM (Subscriber Services Module)
Once the discovery is completed is IP Server, Server Manager triggers a complete discovery of vEPC network and the vCenter.