Using the automated installer allows for a shorter deployment time and orchestrates the order of settings for a sucessful and error-free deployment.
The advantages are:
- Completes both phases of deployment through a VM deployment and cluster deployment in a single process.
- Verifies that all required dependencies are present on the host that the Deploy-Tool is run on before beginning the deployment.
- Validates deployment configuration provided by the user.
- Supports staging OVA for a faster deployment.
- Avoids repeating steps in the deployment process if the process must be rerun by checking for already installed VMs.
- Supports deployment either by specifying the vCenter cluster name or individual ESXi hosts in a data center.
- Supports the uninstall of an existing deployment, when the cluster is fully deployed or partially installed.