A three-node large-sized vRNI Platform cluster and one large-sized proxy node are installed for vRealize Network Insight.
Download a copy of the vRealize Network Insight Platform OVA file.
Download a copy of the vRealize Network Insight Proxy OVA file.
Verify that the FQDNs of the platform and proxy nodes are registered in the DNS server for forward and reverse proxy. Verify that the FQDNs and IP addresses of the platform and proxy nodes can be resolved.
Confirm that the user has permission to deploy an OVF template to the inventory.
Verify that the networking requirements are met.
Ensure that all the installation requirements for vRealize Network Insight are met. For more information, see the Prerequisites section in the VMware vRealize Network Insight 6.4 or later documentation.
- Deploy a large-sized vRealize Network Insight Platform appliance TCP_RAN_VRNI_PLATFORM into the management cluster TCP_RAN_MGMT_CLUSTER. For the detailed procedure, see Deploying vRealize Network Insight Platform OVA.
- Generate the shared secret and deploy the vRealize Network Insight Proxy appliance TCP_RAN_VRNI_PROXY into the cluster TCP_RAN_MGMT_CLUSTER. For the detailed procedure, see Generate a Shared Secret and Setting up Network Insight Collector (OVA).
- Connect both appliances to the Management Network port group.
- Deploy additional two large-sized platform nodes.
- Create a three-node platform cluster. For the detailed procedure, see Create Clusters.