To configure vRealize Operations, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the name or IP address of the node that will be the primary node of vRealize Operations.
The setup wizard appears, and you do not need to log in to vRealize Operations.
- Click New Installation.
- Click Next.
- Enter and confirm a password for the admin user account and click Next.
Passwords require a minimum of eight characters, one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one digit, and one special character.
The user account name is admin by default and cannot be changed.
- Select whether to use the certificate included with vRealize Operations or to install one of your own.
- To use your certificate, click Browse, locate the certificate file, and click Open to load the file in the Certificate Information text box.
- Review the information detected from your certificate to verify that it meets the requirements for vRealize Operations.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the primary node.
- Enter the URL or IP address for the Network Time Protocol (NTP) server with which the cluster synchronizes.
- Click Add.
- Leave the NTP blank to have vRealize Operations manage its synchronization by having all nodes synchronize with the primary node and replica node.
- Click Next.
- Configure the vRealize Operations availability. To install vRealize Operations with availability, enable the Availability Mode and select High Availability, click Next.
You can enable High Availability or Continuous Availability after installation from the administrator interface.
- Click the Add icon to add nodes with defined role TCP_VROPS_REPLICA, TCP_VROPS_DATA1, and remote collector nodes TCP_VROPS_RC1 and TCP_VROPS_RC2.
If you select High Availability for this cluster option, you can select a node from the added list of nodes to be the replica node. Although, only one node from the list can be selected as a replica node. For more information on High Availability, see Adding High Availability to vRealize Operations.
You can also add these nodes later if you use the default configuration. For more information, see Resize your Cluster by Adding Nodes.
- Enter the Node Name and Node Address.
- Select the Current Cluster Role.
- Click Next and click Finish.
The administration interface appears, and it takes a moment for vRealize Operations to finish adding the primary node.
See Perform a New Installation on the vRealize Operations UI for the detailed procedure.
- After the cluster configuration is completed successfully and the cluster is up, browse the vROps primary IP with https://<IP of TCP_VROPS_PRIMARY>.
- Add a two-node remote collector group. For more information, see Adding a Collector Group.
- Configure vCenter Server solutions for both management and compute vCenters and vSAN. For more information, see Configure a vCenter Server Cloud Account in vRealize Operations.
- Configure vRealize Log Insight with vRealize Operations. For more information, see Configuring the vRealize Log Insight Adapter in vRealize Operations.
- Install the following solutions from VMware Marketplace.
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vRealize Orchestrator
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vRealize Network Insight
The following solutions are natively supported with vRealize Operations:
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vCenter Server
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Log Insight
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vSAN
VMware vRealize Operation Management Pack for NSX-T
- Configure NSX-T solution. NSX-T solution is activated by default with the installation, so follow these steps to configure it:
- On the menu, click Administration and in the left pane, click Solutions > Other Accounts.
- Click Add Accounts and select the NSX-T solution you want to manage.
- Provide required configuration details and select remote collector group.
- Click “VALIDATE CONNECTION”.
- Click ADD if the connection is successful.
- Download the other solution management pack such as vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Network Insight.
- Add the management pack to the Solution Repository and activate it. For more information, see Integrations Page.
- Once activated, configure the activated solution. For more information, see Adding Accounts.