This section describes how to upgrade vCenter Servers to 7.0 U3h in Active, Passive, and Witness nodes, if your vCenter Server Appliance is configured in a vCenter High Availability (HA) cluster.
Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance Management Interface (VAMI) and verify that the statuses of all the vCenter services are healthy and started.
Follow the Prerequisites for Upgrading vCenter Server High Availability Environments.
The upgrade sequence of the vCenter Server VMs must be Witness => Passive => Active.
vCenter Server 7.0 U3h supports skip-level upgrades from the following versions:
vCenter Server 7.0 U3c as part of Telco Cloud Platform 5G Edition 2.2
vCenter Server 7.0 U3f as part of Telco Cloud Platform 5G Edition 2.5
- Patch the vCenter High Availability Environment.
- Patching vCenter Server Using the vCenter Server Management Interface.
- Log in to the vCenter Server Management Interface https://appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN:5480.
- Check for and Stage Patches to the vCenter Server Appliance.
- Configure the Repository for URL-Based Patching.
- Install vCenter Server Patches.
vCenter Server is upgraded successfully and all services are up and running.