A query returns data that Grafana visualizes in dashboards. After you create a panel and reports, Grafana automatically picks the default data source.
- Navigate to Dashboards and Reports.
- Select the dashboard for which you want to add query.
- Click Edit, on the panel to which you are adding a query.
- Click Query.
- Click Data source drop-down, and select data source.
- Click Query options to configure the maximum number of data points returned by the query and how frequently you want the query to request data from the data source.
- Enter the Query.
- Click Apply.