The Dynamic Discovery is the discovery of 5G core topology in ESM that happens out of the preconfigured discovery cycle. The discovery in ESM happens periodically. The period of regular discovery in ESM is configurable and typically it is for twenty four hours. However, the topology of 5G core can change significantly with in short span of time in 5G deployment. To discover the topology, ESM must trigger the discovery based on certain criterion. For example, failure of Kubernetes cluster node, VM, pod, and so on.
- Verify that configuration of Kubernetes discovery using VMware vROps is done.
- Verify that Kubernetes elements are discovered and monitored.
- Verify that IsCNFDynamicDiscovery is
- If any one of KubernetesMaster, KubernetesWorker, KubernetesPod, Container, or KubernetesService attribute IsUnHealthy and changed to
- If the difference between current time and lastDynamicDiscoveryFinishedToSec is more than performDynamicDiscoveryThreshold.
|Attribute Name||Class Name||Default Value||Description|
|IsCNFDynamicDiscovery||ESM_Manager||False||This setting is used to enable and disable Dynamic Discovery.
After the attribute is changed, ESM server must be restarted for the change to be effective.
|DynamicDiscoveryThreshold||VropsServiceThresholdSetting||Twenty Minutes||This setting applies to vROps object.
The value of DynamicDiscoveryThreshold attribute is in minutes that must pass before Server Manager performs Dynamic Discovery. The value of the atttribute can be modified using vROps Thresholds.
You can find vROps Thresholds in Thresholds tab in Polling & Threshold window of ESM Domain Manager. Changing this value requires reconfiguring the Domain Manager.
The Dynamic Discovery for VRops service is in progress if the value is
|RemoveK8SDeletedElement||ESM_Manager||True||If the value is