You can configure Kafka Collector, to collect the data from the various data sources.
- To configure the Kafka collector, navigate to Administration > Configuration > Gateways.
- From the Collectors section, click Add.
- From the Collector Selection page, select kafka-collector.
The kafka-collector page is displayed.
You must provide the source Kafka topic where data come from, and the respective mapping that will be used to process incoming records.Following table lists the parameter to configure the Kafka Collector.
Input parameter Description Default Value Name of the collector Provide name of the collector NA Type Choose from following:
Metrics Source Kafka Configuration Topic Provide source Kafka topic where data can come from.
metrics: If type of the collector is Metrics.
events: If type of the collector is Events.
Bootstrap servers Provide source Kafka broker detail. edge-kafka-bootstrap:9093 Destination Kafka Configuration (available only if type of the collector is Events.) Topic Provide Kafka topic to which the processed Event data must be written. vsa_events_raw Bootstrap servers Provide destination Kafka broker detail. edge-kafka-bootstrap:9093 Advanced Configuration Application Id Provide an identifier for the stream processing application. Must be unique within the Kafka cluster. Auto Offset Reset Possible values are:
- Earliest: automatically reset the offset to the earliest offset.
- Latest: automatically reset the offset to the latest offset.
- None: throw exception to the consumer if no previous offset is found for the consumer's group.
- anything else: throw exception to the consumer.
latest Group ID Provide an unique string that identifies the Connect cluster group this worker belongs to. Mapper Kafka Mapper Name of the Kafka Mapper to be used with this collector. Drop down list of all configured Kafka Mapper based on the type selected earlier. Refer, Kafka Mapper section for more information First entry of the drop down list. Mapping Definition Preview Preview the selected mapping schema definition as configured in the Kafka Mapper . NA