You can add variables at Dashboard level which can be used for filtering the data.
To add variables in a dashboard, follow the procedure:
- Click Dashboard Settings.
- Click Variables in the left pane.
- Click New to add new variable.
New Variable wizard opens up:Note: In the above example
JobOwnervariable is being added.
- Add Name of the variable.
- Under Query Options, select NCM-PostgreSQL as Data Source.
- Add Query to be used for getting the variable values.
- If required add the Regex.
- Enable Multi-value and Include All Option, under Selection Options.
- Click Add to add the variable.
Note: Preview of values shows the values of the variable as queried by query.
- To go to the Dashboard, click the Left Arrow on the top.
You can see the newly created variable on the top of the dashboard with a drop down list
- To use this variable for filtering you can modify the queries of the dashboard and add where clause for
ownerand use the variable for filtering the data:For example: Where