Sometimes the topology instance count does not match between VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance and SAM.
Some of the error conditions are not handled. When such error appears, retry mechanism is not implemented, due to which some device are missed to add to the ArangoDB.
Follow the procedure to sync the entire topology in VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance:
Admin user deletes SAM from Administration > Smarts Integration > Broker > SAM(delete). When delete operation is performed, associated notification or/and topology objects related to SAM are deleted from VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance.
VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance deletes notification/topology asynchronously, and based on size of topology and number of live notifications, clean-up could be time consuming. Typically for 100 K events time taken for deletion would be around 30 minutes and topology delete for about 20k devices would be around 15 minutes. Wait till both notifications and topology objects are deleted.
- Go to Topology > TopologyExplorer.
- Verify empty topology explorer is displayed indicating no devices are present.
Re-adding SAM in VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance:
- Perform resync of notification/topology by adding SAM (Administration > Smarts Integration) that was deleted using Smarts Integration.
- Once SAM is added re-sync would be performed which will resync notifications and Topology from SAM.
- Wait for re-sync to be completed.
- Verify once SAM is added in VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance topology syncs it would take upto 15 minutes depending on the number of devices.
- Once sync completed verify topology object count between SAM and VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance must match.
Re-adding SAM in VMware Telco Cloud Service Assurance procedure should not be done immediately after deletion is performed.