VMware ThinApp | 21 Feb 2019 |Build 12316299
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release Notes
ThinApp 5.2.5 is a maintenance release. This release notes cover the following topics:
- Support for Windows 10 1809
- Support for Windows Server 2019
- Support for Mozilla FireFox ESR 60. See the KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/60340 for the detailed support policy for Firefox.
- Security updates
A few applications misbehave if Horizon Agent 7.6 is installed on the deployment machine. To resolve this issue, perform the following actions:
- Set EnableExternalHookInterception parameter to 1 in the package.ini file.
- Copy the following DLLs to the deployment machine. Follow the instructions below to copy the modules to the deployment machine. The modules are not required during application capture:
- For 32-bit virtual applications, copy the file dummyTLS.dll from the ThinApp install location to the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64 on a 64-bit deployment machine or to the folder C:\Windows\System32 on a 32-bit deployment machine.
- For 64-bit virtual applications, copy the file dummyTLS64.dll from ThinApp install location to the folder C:\Windows\System32 on a 64-bit deployment machine.
The following issue is resolved in ThinApp 5.2.5 :
In-place upgrade from ThinApp 5.2.3 to ThinApp 5.2.4 - Error message "The same or a newer version of VMware ThinApp is already installed and needs to be uninstalled manually" is displayed when ThinApp 5.2.4 installer is run on a system that already has ThinApp 5.2.3 installed.