If you have problems with enhanced graphics display or mouse actions or with features that depend on VMware Tools, you might need to repair or modify installed modules.
About this task
Occasionally, some new modules are not installed during a VMware Tools upgrade. You can manually install new modules by modifying installed modules.
Do not use the guest operating system’s Add/Remove Programs item in the Windows Control Panel to repair or modify VMware Tools.
Power on the virtual machine.
Log in to the guest operating system.
- Select the menu command to mount the VMware Tools virtual disk on the guest operating system.
vSphere Web Client
Right-click the virtual machine and select.
- If autorun is not enabled for the CD-ROM drive, to manually launch the VMware Tools installation wizard, click and enter D:\setup.exe, where D: is your first virtual CD-ROM drive.
- On the Welcome page of the wizard, click Next.
- Specify whether to repair or modify the modules.
Click Repair to repair the files, registry settings, and so on of components that are already installed.
Click Modify to select which modules are installed.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
What to do next
If features still do not work, uninstall and reinstall VMware Tools.