You can upgrade VMware Tools in one or more virtual machines by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Start the vSphere Web Client and log in to the vCenter Server.
- Select the virtual machines.
- Select a datacenter, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host.
- Click the VMs tab.
- Power on the virtual machines to upgrade.
- Right-click your selections.
- Select OK. and click
- Select Interactive Upgrade or Automatic Upgrade and click Upgrade.
- If you chose the interactive upgrade for a virtual machine with a Linux guest operating system, reboot the operating system by running the reboot command from a command-line prompt so that you can use the new network modules.
This upgrade procedure is not applicable for operating systems that are installed with OSPs or Open VM Tools
VMware Tools are upgraded.