You can configure virtual machines to automatically update VMware Tools.
Note: Automatic VMware Tools upgrade is not supported for virtual machines with Solaris or NetWare guest operating systems.
- Verify that the virtual machines have a version of VMware Tools shipped with ESX/ESXi 3.5 or later installed.
- Verify that the virtual machines are hosted on ESX/ESXi 3.5 or later and vCenter Server 3.5 or later.
- Verify that the virtual machines are running a Linux or Windows guest OS that ESX/ESXi 3.5 or later and vCenter Server 3.5 or later support.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Click the VM Options tab and select VMware Tools.
- Select Check and upgrade VMware Tools before each power on.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.