To install User Environment Manager, run the User Environment Manager MSI that is compatible with your system. User Environment Manager comes in x64 and x86 installers.
- Verify that you have an appropriate license file, except if you install on VMware Horizon® 7 where you do not need a license file.
- As an administrator, run VMware User Environment Manager 9.1 x86.msi or VMware User Environment Manager 9.1 x64.msi, and click Next.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select the destination folder where you want to install the application and click Next.
You should install User Environment Manager in the default folder.
- Select an installation option for User Environment Manager.
Option Description Typical Install the User Environment Manager FlexEngine, Application Migration, and Self-Support tool. Custom Manually select components to install. Complete Install User Environment Manager FlexEngine, Application Migration, Self-Support tool, and Management Console.
- Select the license file and click Next.
You do not need a license file in Horizon 7.
- Click Install, and after the installation is complete, click Finish.
What to do next
- Create the User Environment Manager Group Policy by using the administrative template that is provided in the User Environment Manager package. See Configuring the FlexEngine Group Policy Object.
- Add FlexEngine command to logoff script. See Configure FlexEngine to Run From a Logoff Script.
- Configure the Management Console. See Configuring the User Environment Manager Management Console.