To configure User Environment Manager, you must edit the settings of the User Environment Manager GPO that you created. Open the settings of the GPO from the Group Policy Management Editor. The User Environment Manager GPO configures FlexEngine with the correct User Environment Manager share locations and is therefore a required step.
Create a GPO for FlexEngine. See Create a User Environment Manager Group Policy Object.
- Open the Group Policy Management console.
- Right-click the User Environment Manager GPO that you created and select Edit.
The Group Policy Management Editor opens.
- To access the User Environment Manager administrative templates, navigate to .
What to do next
Configure the following FlexEngine mandatory settings:
- Flex configuration files.
- Profile archives.
- Run FlexEngine as Group Policy Extension. Either enable this setting or configure FlexEngine to run from a logon script. See Configure FlexEngine to Run from a Logon Script.
- Configure FlexEngine to run from a logoff script. See Configure FlexEngine to Run From a Logoff Script.