You install User Environment Manager by running VMware User Environment Manager 9.2 x86.msi or VMware User Environment Manager 9.2 x64.msi based on your operating system. This launches a setup wizard which guides you through the installation.
Verify that you have a valid license file. If you install on VMware Horizon® 7, you do not need a separate license file.
Verify that you have administrative privileges on the account where you will run the MSI file.
Download and extract the MSI file package for your operating system.
- Run the MSI that corresponds to your OS architecture, and click Next.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select the destination folder where you want to install the application and click Next.
VMware recommends you install User Environment Manager in the default folder.
- Select an installation option for User Environment Manager.
Install the User Environment Manager FlexEngine, Application Migration, and Self-Support tool.
Manually select components to install.
Install User Environment Manager FlexEngine, Application Migration, Self-Support tool, and Management Console.
- Select the license file and click Next.
- Click Install, and after the installation is complete, click Finish.
What to do next
Create the User Environment Manager Group Policy by using the administrative template that is provided in the User Environment Manager package. See Configuring the FlexEngine Group Policy Object.
Add FlexEngine command to logoff script. See Configure FlexEngine to Run From a Logoff Script.
Configure the Management Console. See Configuring the User Environment Manager Management Console.