Configure certain applications to be started with administrator privileges, when a user is not a member of the administrator group.
- Start the User Environment Manager Management Console.
- On the User Environment tab, select Privilege Elevation.
- Click Create.
- Enter a name for the setting definition.
- Select the privilege elevation type from the Type drop-down under Privilege Elevation Settings.
You can only use folders for user-installed applications.
If you are configuring path-based settings that reference network paths, specify UNC paths instead of drive letters. When users launch these applications, they should access them from the UNC path.
- Click Add in the Elevate section and select the folders or applications to add to the list.
- (Optional) If you are elevating an application, select whether to elevate child processes as well.
- Click Save.