Privilege elevation is disabled by default. You must enable it manually, configure conditions to control the elevated applications, and define an elevation message.
- Start the User Environment Manager Management Console.
- On the User Environment tab, select Privilege Elevation.
- Click Global Configuration.
- Select Enable Privilege Elevation.
- Click Add in the Conditions section to configure conditions to control the elevated applications.
- (Optional) Select Also elevate all child processes to elevate child processes on a global level.
If you select this option, all processes of a user-installed application run elevated.
- (Optional) Select Ask user to elevate in the Message section to display a message when a user launches an application that is configured for elevation.
The user is presented with the option to run the application elevated or with the normal privileges of the user.
- If you selected Ask user to elevate enter a message title and message text.
- Click OK.
What to do next
To configure specific applications for elevation, see Configure Applications for Privilege Elevation.