Use the restore option to reset the configuration of one of the distributed switches in Region A to the settings in a configuration file.
About this task
The restore operation changes the settings on the selected switch back to the settings saved in the configuration file. The operation overwrites the current settings of the distributed switch and its port groups. It does not delete existing port groups that are not a part of the configuration file.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Networking, expand the vCenter Server tree and locate the distributed switch.
- Right-click the distributed switch and select
- In the vDS - Restore Configuration wizard, browse to the location of the configuration file for the distributed switch.
- Select the Restore distributed switch and all port groups radio button and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, examine the changes and click Finish.