Restore the vRealize Operations Manager remote collector nodes in Region B if a major hardware failure occurs by using a backup that is created as a result from the scheduled backup job for the nodes.
- Log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Shut down all the vRealize Operations Manager virtual appliances.
- Select .
- Navigate to each appliance below, right click the appliance object and select Yes in the Confirm Guest Shut Down dialog box.
Remote collector 1
Remote collector 2
- Restore the latest vRealize Operations Manager VMs backup from the vSphere Data Protection server.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click VDP icon.
- On the Welcome to vSphere Data Protection page, select mgmt01vdp51 from the VDP Appliance drop-down menu and click Connect.
- Click the Restore tab.
- Select a node appliance of vRealize Operations Manager.
You see the list of backups for the appliance.
- Select the check box for the latest appliance backup and click the back arrow to return to the list of backups.
- Select the latest backups of the other appliances of vRealize Operations Manager.
- Click Restore on the toolbar.
The Restore backup wizard opens.
- On the Select Backup page, click Next.
- On the Set Restore Options page, select Restore to original location check box for each appliance.
- On the Ready to Complete page, if there is a check box to confirm restore, select it and click Finish.
- Click OK to close the Info dialog.
- Verify that the restore is successful.
- On the vSphere Data Protection page, click the Configuration tab and click Log.
- Locate the following logs:
Restore of client named vrops-rmtcol-51 completed. Restore of client named vrops-rmtcol-52 completed.
- Power on the remote collectors of vRealize Operations Manager .
What to do next
Verify that vRealize Operations Manager is up and functions flawlessly after restore. See Validate vRealize Operations Manager in the VMware Validated Design Operational Verification documentation.