After vSphere vSphere Distributed Switch has been created and connected with all hosts, enable vSphere HA on the cluster.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the Navigator, click Host and Clusters.
- Expand the mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local inventory.
- Select the SFO01-Mgmt01 cluster.
- Click the Configure tab and click vSphere Availability.
- Click Edit.
- In the Edit Cluster Settings dialog box, select the Turn on vSphere HA check box.
- Under Virtual Machine Monitoring, under Failures and Responses, select the following values:
Enable Host Monitoring
Host Failure Response
Response for Host Isolation
Power off and restart VMs
Datastore with PDL
Datastore with APD
VM Monitoring Only
- Click Admission Control.
- Under Admission Control enter the following settings.
Host failures cluster tolerates
Define host failover capacity by
Cluster resource percentage
Override calculated failover capacity
Performance degradation VMs tolerate
- Click OK.