The distributed logical router (DLR) needs to establish a connection to Edge Services Gateway before BGP updates can be exchanged. Verify that the DLR is successfully peering, and that BGP routing has been established.
- Log in to the SFOCOMP-DLR01 by using a Secure Shell (SSH) client.
- Open an SSH connection to SFOCOMP-DLR01, the DLR whose peering and BGP configuration you want to verify.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Run the show ip bgp neighbors command to display information about the BGP and TCP connections to neighbors.
BGP Statewill display Established,UP if you have successfully peered with the Edge Service Gateway.
- Run the show ip route command to verify that you are receiving routes using BGP, and that there are multiple routes to BGP learned networks.
You verify multiple routes to BGP learned networks by locating the same route using a different IP address. The IP addresses are listed after the word
viain the right-side column of the routing table output. In the image below there are two different routes to the following BGP networks:
172.27.22.0/24. You can identify BGP networks by the letter
Bin the left-side column. Lines beginning with
C(connected) have only a single route.