After you deploy the virtual appliance for the master node of the vRealize Operations Manager analytics cluster, enable its administration role in the cluster.
Generate the PEM file for vRealize Operations Manager by using the CertGenVVD tool and download it to your computer. See the VMware Validated Design Planning and Preparation documentation or VMware Knowledge Base article 2146215.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops-mstrn-01.rainpole.local.
- On the initial setup page, click New Installation.
- On the Getting Started page, review the steps for creating a cluster, and click Next.
- On the Set Administrator Password page, type and confirm the password for admin user account.
- On the Choose Certificate page, select the Install a certificate button, click Browse, select the certificate chain .pem file that contains the own private key and the issuer and own certificate files, and click Next.
You generate a PEM file vrops.2.chain.pem by using the CertGenVVD tool.After the setup imports and validates the certificate, notice that the certificate has a common name,
vrops-cluster-01.rainpole.local, and a subject alternative name that contains
vrops-mstrn-01.rainpole.localfor the master node.
- On the Deployment Settings page, configure the following settings, and click Next.
Cluster Master Node Name
NTP Server Address
- On the Ready to Complete page, click Finish.
When the configuration process completes, the vRealize Operations Manager Administration console opens.
- Click System Status in the Administration panel to verify that you have a vRealize Operations Manager instance created.
The virtual appliance instance acting as the master node appears in the Nodes in the vRealize Operations Manager Cluster list.