Test the configuration of the NSX logical network using a ping test. A ping test checks if two hosts in a network can reach each other.
- Log in to the Compute vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://comp01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Use the Ping Monitor to test connectivity.
- In the Navigator, click Networking & Security.
- Under Logical Switches, double-click Universal Transit Network .
- Click the Monitor tab.
- Under Test Parameters, select comp01esx01.sfo01.rainpole.local as the Source host.
- Under the Test Parameters, select comp01esx02.sfo01.rainpole.local as the Destination Host, and click Start Test .
- There must be no error messages listed under Results.