In vRealize Log Insight in Region B, configure log retention for one week and archiving on storage sized for 90 days according to the vRealize Log Insight Design document.
Create an NFS share of 1 TB in Region and export it as
The NFS server must support NFS v3.
The NFS partition must allow reading and writing operations for guest accounts.
Verify that the mount does not require authentication.
Verify that the NFS share is directly accessible to vRealize Log Insight
If using a Windows NFS server, allow unmapped user Unix access (by UID/GID).
- Log in to the vRealize Log Insight user interface.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrli-cluster-51.lax01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Configure retention threshold notification.
Log Insight continually estimates how long data can be retained with the currently available pool of storage. If the estimation drops below the retention threshold of one week, Log Insight immediately notifies the administrator that the amount of searchable log data is likely to drop.
- Under Configuration, click General.
- On the General Configuration page, under the Alerts section select the Send a notification when capacity drops below check box next to the Retention Notification Threshold settings, and enter a 1-week period in the text box underneath.
- Click Save.
- Configure data archiving.
- Under Configuration, click Archiving.
- Select the Enable Data Archiving check box.
- In the Archive Location text box, enter the path in the form of nfs://nfs-server-address/V2D_vRLI_MgmtB_1TB to an NFS partition where logs will be archived.
- Click Test next to the Archive Location text box to verify that the share is accessible.
- Click Save.