Create a custom group for each management application to monitor the health of the entire application stack as opposed to individual virtual machine health.
- Log in to vRealize Operations Manager by using the administration console.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vrops-cluster-01.rainpole.local.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- In the left pane of vRealize Operations Manager, click the Environment menu.
- Click the Groups tab, and click the Add icon to add a custom group.
- In the New group dialog box, enter SDDC Management in the Name text box.
- From the Group Type drop-down menu, select Function.
- Expand the Define membership criteria section.
- To add the vRealize Automation objects, from the Select the Object Type that matches all of the following criteria drop-down menu, select .
- Click Add another criteria set and repeat Step 7 to add each of the following object types representing the other management applications in the SDDC.
- Expand the Objects to always include section.
- Add the following vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Orchestrator application objects.
- Under Filtered objects, expand Custom Groups and select Applications.
- Select vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Orchestrator, and click the button to add the application objects to Objects to always include list on the right.
- Click OK.