If a disaster event occurs in Region B, initiate the Disaster Recovery of vRealize Operations Manager in Region A to fail back vRealize Operations Manager to Region A.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and click the mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server object to open its configuration in Site Recovery Manager.
- Click Recovery Plans and click the vROps-RP recovery plan.
- On the vROps-RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Run Recovery Plan icon to run the recovery plan and initiate the failback of the analytics cluster.
The Recovery wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Recovery wizard, configure the following settings and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machines and infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to initiate vRealize Operations Manager failback.
After disaster recovery, the status of the recovery plan is Disaster Recovery Completed.
What to do next
Perform the steps required to verify the operation of and reprotect the system.
Verify that vRealize Operations Manager is up and functions flawlessly after failback. See Validate vRealize Operations Manager in the Operational Verification documentation.
Prepare vRealize Operations Manager for failover by reprotecting the virtual machines of the analytics cluster in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect vRealize Operations Manager.