After you configure a replication solution for the analytics virtual machines of vRealize Operations Manager, include the virtual machines in a protection group so that Site Recovery Manager protects them together.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu of the vSphere Web Client, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and select the mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- If the Log In Site dialog box appears, re-authenticate by using the email@example.com user name and the svc-srm_password password.
Re-authentication is required if the network connection between Region A and Region B has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the Related Objects tab, click the Protection Groups tab and click Create Protection Group.
The Create Protection Group wizard appears.
- On the Name and location page, configure the following settings and click Next.
vROps Cluster Protection Group
mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local - mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local
- On the Protection group type page, configure the following settings and click Next.
Direction of protection
mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local -> mgmt01vc51.lax01.rainpole.local
Protection group type
- On the Virtual machines page, select the analytics virtual machines from the list of machines replicated by using vSphere Replication and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the protection group settings and click Finish.
The vROps-PG protection group appears in the list of protection groups for Site Recovery Manager.