In the event of a disaster in Region B, initiate the Disaster Recovery of vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Business in Region A to fail back the cloud management platform to Region A.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local vCenter Server object to open its site configuration.
- Click Recovery Plans and click the vRA-vRO-vRB-RP recovery plan.
- On the vRA-vRO-vRB-RP page, click the Monitor tab, and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Run Recovery Plan icon to run the recovery plan and initiate the failover of the cloud management platform.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Recovery wizard, configure the following settings and click Next.
I understand that this process will permanently alter the virtual machines and infrastructure of both the protected and recovery datacenters
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to initiate the failover of the cloud management platform.
Site Recovery Manager runs the recovery plan.
What to do next
Perform the steps required to verify the operation of and reprotect the system.
Verify that vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Business VMs are up and function flawlessly after failback. See Validate the Cloud Management Platform in the Operational Verification document.
Prepare vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Business Server for failover by reprotecting the virtual machines of the vRealize Automation components in Site Recovery Manager. See Reprotect the Cloud Management Platform.