Test the recovery plan for vRealize Operations Manager to eliminate potential problems during a future failover.
About this task
Site Recovery Manager runs the analytics virtual machines on the test network and on a temporary snapshot of replicated data in Region B.
- Log in to the Management vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/vsphere-client.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- From the Home menu, select Site Recovery.
- On the Site Recovery home page, click Sites and double-click the mgmt01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local protected site.
- If the Log In Site dialog box appears, re-authenticate by using the firstname.lastname@example.org user name and the vsphere_admin_password password.
Re-authentication is required if the network connection between Region A and Region B has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- Click the Recovery Plans and click the vROps-RP recovery plan.
- On the vROps-RP page, click the Monitor tab and click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Test Recovery Plan icon to run a test recovery.
The Test wizard appears.
- On the Confirmation options page, leave the Replicate recent changes to recovery site check box selected and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the test recovery.
Test failover starts. You can follow the progress on the Recovery Steps page.
- After the test recovery is complete, click the Cleanup Recovery Plan icon to clean up all the created test VMs.
- On the Confirmation options page of the Cleanup wizard, click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, click Finish to start the clean-up process.